Motivation for training: two inspirational speeches by John Doman.
When the weather is cold, or the crucial race seems to be too distant, or simply if you keep on making questions to yourself, instead of giving answers, these two inspirational speeches by John Doman could be really helpful for your motivation, whatever your favourite sport is.
The first one is about second places and here's my favourite quote: "Knock knock, who's there? The guy that finished second. The guy that finished second who? Exactly...".
The second one may be a bit more intense, if possible, even if too resonant in certain passages. My favourite quote is: "The only thing, the only thing you can count on at any given moment is you! It's you versus them. You versus no. You versus can't. You versus next year, last year, statistics, excuses! [...] You versus the odds. It's you versus second place. Clock is ticking, lets see what you got.".
Here you can find a list of my running-related posts. Now shut down the notebook and have a run!
Science and Training:
- How to publish your Garmin training data to other services with "tapiriik"
- Heel-to-toe drop: meaning and measurement
- Garmin, Polar and WTEK: heart rate sensors comparison
- What is training load?
- Runner's performance evaluation - Part 1: the VO2max.
- Runner's performance evaluation - Part 2: Carbs, Fats and Proteins as Energy for living.
- Runner's performance evaluation - Part 3: Energy expenditure during running.
- A pseudo-"Conconi test" to predict the anaerobic threshold
- Running at 4000 m: the hypoxic chamber
- Can the Kinematics of arm movements be trained to improve Running Economy?
- Forest steeplechase training
- Snowy workout in the forest
- 2013 Track & Field season - Chronicle of a Steeplechase year
- 2012 Track & Field season - Chronicle of a Steeplechase year
- My 2011 in numbers - Happy new year!
- Omni-Lite ceramic track spikes
- 7th Airport Run Berlin: second place and PB
- A good way to end the year
- Cone-Project presents: "Emozioniadi" 2012
- Tough Guy: the safest most dangerous event in the world
- 24th Lauf im Britzer Garten: a good pre-season test.
- 32nd Pankower Frühlingslauf
- BIG 25 Berlin 2012: a new World Record!
- The hardest 400 m of the World: the "Red Bull 400"
- Trail running in the dark: 4^ Notturna di Sant'Antonio - Miane (TV), Italy
- Talkin' blues: when XC meets life. Offene Berlin-Brandenburgische Crossmeisterschaften
- "Non Solo Sport Race" - Padova, 28th August 2011